This page summarizes some instructions and helpful links for getting up and running with Mining the Social Web:
- Bookmark and skim over the instructions at the Mining-the-Social-Web-2nd-Edition GitHub repository
- Mining the Social Web is both a book and an open source software (OSS) project, and this is where you can download all of its source code. (Think of the book as a form of “premium support” for the OSS project.)
- Bookmark and watch the screencasts on the Mining the Social Web Vimeo channel
- These short videos show you how to fully take advantage of the an incredible virtual machine experience that minimizes the friction involved in getting up and running with the source code. The Installing the Virtual Machine screencast is especially helpful as it provides a visual step-by-step process for installing the turn-key virtual machine.
- The IPython Notebook for Appendix A (Virtual Machine Experience) also provides written instructions for installing the virtual machine if you prefer that format.
- Download/preview Chapter 1 (Mining Twitter) of Mining the Social Web, 2nd Edition as a helpful introduction into social web mining
- Preview all of the source code for the entire book in a convenient IPython Notebook format
- Individual links that correspond to numbered examples from the book are available at GitHub
- Ways to stay in touch with updates and show support